- Published: “Invisible Barriers, Invisible Disabilities, Invisible People”
- Bubbled People
- 60 MiNueTs: Short Video Series on Environmental Health
- Kitchen Cabinets, Part 1
- Words Images Life Art Dance
- MCS/ES 2017 Continued: The Canaries Are Still Waiting!
- Endangered Human Art Project: Bringing Awareness to Chemical Sensitivity
- Dr Molot Urges Everyone to Support the Canaries
- An MCS Awareness Visualization
- Profile Pictures for Awareness Month
- MCS Mask Challenge for Family, Friends, and You!
- MCS/ES Awareness Month 2017
- MCS/ES Awareness Day Projects: Request for Submissions
- Amelia Needs Us
- Understanding Environmental Health
- Research Survey: Are You Over 21 and ‘Sensitive’ to Environmental Pollutants?
- Video: Fragrance Free Workplace: TRAILER
- Unilever to Disclose Some (but not all) AXE and Other Fragrance Ingredients
- Fragrance Chemicals: Weapons of Environmental and Human Destruction
- Fragranced Products: Risk to People and Profits
- Ontario Reported on MCS/ES in 1985, Yet…
- The Pinktober Special You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Why I LOVE Having Environmental “Sensitivities”
- How Big Is Your World?
- How Much Human Contact Can We Live Without?
- When a Friend’s Life Is Being Threatened
- School Boards to Pump Peanut Fragrance Into Schools!
- Imagine Being Disabled, Confined, and Invisible
- Competing Human Rights and MCS/ES
- Are the Wrong People in Solitary Confinement?
- Wireless Magic Music Video
- Videos: What’s Making us Sick? The Chemical Erosion of Public Health
- Even the Cats Say: Let Wendy Stay!
- PSAC Video About MCS
- Ontario Announces the Task Force on Environmental Health
- The Courageous Canaries of MCS/ES (and mask) Awareness Month 2016
- What I Wear in Bad Air :: Melanie
- What I Wear in Bad Air :: Zoraida
- What I Wear in Bad Air :: Lisa T
- What I Wear In Bad Air :: Wendy
- What I Wear in Bad Air :: Marianne
- What I Wear In Bad Air :: Brenda
- What I Wear In Bad Air :: E.P.
- What I Wear In Bad Air :: K.B.
- People All Around the World Are Seriously “Sensitive” to Pollution
- What I Wear In Bad Air :: Bearnairdine
- What I Wear In Bad Air :: Debbie
- What I Wear In Bad Air :: Heather D.
- For Me, MCS Means …
linda @ Seriously "S… on Fireworks… Pretty Toxic!… linda @ Seriously "S… on Kitchen Cabinets, Part 1 linda @ Seriously "S… on Published: “Invisible Ba… Janet Weir on Published: “Invisible Ba… linda @ Seriously "S… on Wireless Patricia Burke on Wireless
July 2017 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- allergies asthma autism cancer Chemicals chemical sensitivity chemicals in clothing child health documentary EHS environment environmental sensitivities fibromyalgia Food Fragrance fragrance-free fragrance-free policy fragrance chemicals hazardous air pollutants health health care access for people with MCS/ES Housing Human Rights IAQ images indoor air quality invisible disabilities laundry masks MCS MCS/ES MCS housing Mold multiple chemical sensitivities multiple chemical sensitivity pesticides petrochemicals phthalates Research science sensitive to pollution sensitivities toxic toxic chemicals toxic trespass video VOCs Water wireless wireless dangers
Please take a minute and eleven seconds to watch this video from Dr. John Molot where he talks about MCS (multiple chemical sensitivities) and how we (the people who developed MCS) have been stigmatized and that we really are canaries. He speaks about some of the other serious health problems the chemicals that disable us are causing in those who do not have MCS.
You can register for the video seminars he speaks of here:
It’s free – you will be sent the link to watch the seminar videos and be informed of upcoming workshops and resources too, but you can unsubscribe at any time.
Please share this and do look into the work that Dr Molot and EHA Quebec are doing on everyone’s behalf!
Thank you all!
May 12th is International MCS Awareness Day, and May is MCS Awareness Month. Many people who have MCS also have MCAS – Mast Cell Activation Syndrome, where chemical and other exposures cause anaphylaxis.
Guest Post from Raven Galarza de Gold
My request for you to visualize:
I’d like to ask each of my friends to sit in a quiet space for just 15 minutes and close your eyes. Breathe and get calm and relaxed.
Now I want you to think of yourself only. Visualize yourself in your body. Once you see or feel you, I want you to see yourself Continue reading
These images are available on facebook. Feel free to download the appropriate one and use for Awareness Month, or at least for May 12th Awareness Day!
Please join us in letting the world know we exist!
We have important wisdom to share with everyone!
“Delegitimizing those with ES-MCS, who may be warning us all of the need for toxics reduction, also tends to impede development of practical, precautionary, potentially preventive and cost-saving public health strategies.”
Here’s an easy way for everyone to show some support!
And maybe, just maybe, wearing a mask for an hour or a day will spread some understanding of why the people who fought for smoke free policies did that instead of expecting all non-smokers to just wear masks always and everywhere.
The Mask Challenge is brought to you by
Help us make May 2017 the last time that we ever hear or read the words:
Watch the video and read the transcript below:
Here we go again!
MCS Awareness days, weeks, and months, along with government proclamations have been going on since at least 1998!
It has taken a lot of effort from a lot of people over a lot of years, and for some of us, it doesn’t seem to have made a great deal of difference in our daily lives.
Marie Leblanc, an artist from Winnipeg who is living with MCS/ES herself, is compiling information and statements to put into an MCS awareness project. There are two ideas to contribute to.
The easier one is to share shorter personal statements about your life with MCS/ES and related environmentally linked health conditions, which will be projected onto walls in a way similar to the photo below.
The other project involves answering 6 questions:
Many of you are familiar with Amelia Hill, either via my blog, her blog, from her facebook group, or from the several articles she has written or appeared in, where you can read about her most challenging circumstances and how she has worked so hard to not only survive them, but to overcome them and to help others who are hidden away going through similar challenges.
Amelia’s awesome mom Danija has contacted me to say that Amelia’s health has taken a real turn for the worse, and that she and her family have run out of funds to get her the very limited, specific foods and medical care Amelia urgently needs now.
A friend has started up a fundraiser where there are more details about what has happened and what is needed.
Please contribute if you can. ♥ Every little bit will help.
Amelia Hill’s Medical Fund
If you can’t donate, then please keep Amelia in your hearts and prayers.
We LOVE you Amelia!
♥ ♥ ♥
P.S. I will keep you updated in the comments when I have more news to share.